Quick Login   

AdminFusion Tutorials Post Fusion Forum Matrix

Old 10-02-2008, 04:51 PM   #1
dontbeangry 

Title: Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews

dontbeangry is on a distinguished road

jump in revenue?

Has anyone else experienced an odd jump in revenue within the first week or two of launching their forum? I ask this because (no im not complaining!) I have found a significant jump in revenue from adsense throughout the day and it keeps going up...I dont want to ginx myself..A friend of mine mentioned that this is probably the google bots from the search engines and will most likely taper down because it is "normal." Im wondering if this is this typically true and if anyone has heard of this?

thanks
Old 10-02-2008, 05:35 PM   #2
MrKielington 

Title: Veteran

MrKielington is just really niceMrKielington is just really niceMrKielington is just really niceMrKielington is just really niceMrKielington is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MrKielington Send a message via MSN to MrKielington Send a message via Yahoo to MrKielington  

Who cares, you're making money right now right?
Old 10-02-2008, 05:52 PM   #3
dontbeangry 

yeah thats what i was thinking too...i was just curious if it is not really a sign that the site is being picked up by others
Old 10-02-2008, 07:48 PM   #4
MrKielington 

Title: Veteran

MrKielington is just really niceMrKielington is just really niceMrKielington is just really niceMrKielington is just really niceMrKielington is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MrKielington Send a message via MSN to MrKielington Send a message via Yahoo to MrKielington  

It could be, do you have analytic installed on it?
Old 10-07-2008, 12:48 AM   #5
xm100 

Title: Member

xm100 is on a distinguished road

Recent Blog:

With every site I ever made or bought, the first week or two with adsense always seems to be much better than the following weeks. Eventually you can build the revenue higher with traffic, but I am convinced that adsense pays a higher rate at the start...
Old 10-08-2008, 03:57 AM   #6
dontbeangry 

that is interesting...i guess makes sense though.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:26 PM   #7
lafsunlmtd 

Title: The OLD Site Owner

lafsunlmtd is a glorious beacon of lightlafsunlmtd is a glorious beacon of lightlafsunlmtd is a glorious beacon of lightlafsunlmtd is a glorious beacon of lightlafsunlmtd is a glorious beacon of lightlafsunlmtd is a glorious beacon of light

adsense is a beast that cannot be understood. There are so many wierdo factors that it has going on that determine what ads show up, how much you get for them etc. for nearly a month we tried to put our 2 years worth of data into some sort of analysis and it made absolutely no sense what so ever. There are just so many factors and some of the stuff i have read about it are so ridiculous. Like they won't show higher paying ads unless your ctr is at a certain point, and if they think you will get a higher ctr with lower paying ads, that's what you will get.

My brain nearly exploded trying to make any sense out of it. Per click, we make less money with more traffic. SAME CTR. We make more money because of volume, but when we had less traffic it seemed we were making say .17 per click, and now that we have more, we only get .11 per click. There are just too many variables to do any kind of real analysis
Old 02-19-2012, 11:53 AM   #8
BlazerD 

Title: Member

BlazerD is on a distinguished road

I found lots of people talking about jump in revenue but my account has not that type increase in revenue.